For many years, the European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies have been supporting participants from preferably low - and middle-income countries and students to attend the biannual ESTSS Conferences and build networks as well as present at the biannual ESTSS Conferences to showcase their research and work. This increases opportunities for disadvantaged individuals to participate in professional life at a European level, to gain new knowledge and disseminate it in their respective professional communities as well as share their research findings and clinical experience to the broader professional audience and thus contribute to the development of psychotraumatology.
For 2023 Belfast conference we decided to expand conference fee-waivers and travel grant scheme as follows:
- Through the Global Collaboration on Traumatic Stress (GC-TS): 2 waived meeting registrations for preferably individuals from LMICs to attend the biannual conference of the ESTSS.
- Student travel grant initiative: 10 travel grants in the amount of 500 Euros each for ESTSS student members to visit the Belfast 2023 conference. Each grant is intended rather as an encouragement than a full subsidy of travel, accommodation or conference fee. Students from financially disadvantaged countries and regions in Europe are particularly encouraged to apply for the grant.
- UKRAINE DELEGATES CONFERENCE FEE WAIVERS: 5 delegates from Ukraine are eligible for a conference fee waiver for the Biannual ESTSS conference at Belfast, June 2023 plus 500 Euros for travel expenses.
To be eligible for the ESTSS fee waiver or travel grant you must be an ESTSS member. The applicants should send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Fee-waiver/Travel grant application form
2. Cover letter, describing the following: why you need support to attend the conference, the importance of attending this conference, as well as any contribution you plan to make to the conference (e.g., oral/poster presentation, research collaboration, etc.) up to 500 words.
3. Short CV, including presentations in international conferences
4. Copy of submitted abstract (not applicable for Ukraine delegates)
5. Confirmation of the acceptance of the proposed contribution (not applicable for Ukraine delegates)
All applicants will be informed about the evaluation result on March 6, 2023.