The conference in Belfast is approaching and we will again have the opportunity to acknowledge outstanding contributions to the trauma field in Europe through ESTSS biannual awards. We are excited to introduce the ESTSS Innovation in Clinical Practice Award and invite ESTSS members to submit nominations by March 15, 2023.
1. The Wolter de Loos Award for Distinguished Contribution to Psychotraumatology in Europe
This award is the highest honour given by ESTSS. It is named after one of the founders of ESTSS, dr. Wolter de Loos and is awarded to an individual who has made a distinguished theoretical, research or clinical contribution to the field. The award is designed to promote recognition of contributions from all European and adjoining countries to psychotraumatology. The Wolter de Loos Award will comprise € 1000 to the recipient and a certificate.
2. The Young Minds in Psychotraumatology Award
This award recognizes excellence in the traumatic stress field through service or research by an individual who has completed his or her training within the last 10 years. The award comprises € 1000 to the recipient and a certificate.
The Wolter de Loos Award & The Young Minds in Psychotraumatology Award nominations rules
Nominations can be either from the individual (self-nomination) or a colleague in the field (in this case individuals must be notified of and agree to their nomination prior to it being forwarded to the Board). While the nominating individual must be an ESTSS member, the proposed applicant need not be a member.
1. The nomination letter should succinctly indicate the contributions that are the basis for nomination and the nature of the relationship between the nominator and nominee.
2. A curriculum vitae of the nominee (limited to 2 pages) should accompany the letter, along with one central paper (scientific or service-related report).
3. A bibliography of up to 20 most relevant published papers should also be included.
3. The ESTSS Innovation in Clinical Practice Award
This award recognizes outstanding contributions to innovating clinical practice in psychotraumatology. The recipients of this ESTSS award can be an individual, a group of professionals or an organization that has made significant developments in clinical practice in the field of psychotraumatology, by developing novel approaches, establishing new services, upscaling interventions or making significant policy changes to reduce barriers for treatment. The ESTSS Innovation in Clinical Practice Award comprises € 1000 to the recipient and a certificate.
The ESTSS Innovation in Clinical Practice Award nomination rules
ESTSS would like to encourage nominations for a diverse group of people from across various fields and countries. All ESTSS members are invited to nominate individuals, a group of professionals, or an organization for this award. The proposed applicant need not be a member.
1. The nomination letter should indicate the contributions to clinical practice in Europe.
2. In case of an individual: a curriculum vitae of the nominee (limited to 2 pages), or in case of a group of professionals or organization: a description of the group, incl. all individuals, or organization and referral information.
3. Any supplemental material that supports the recommendation
ESTSS Awards Nomination Process
The ESTSS Board is soliciting nominations for the awards. All ESTSS members are invited to nominate individuals, a group of professionals, or an organization to the Board.
The selection committee will evaluate applications on the basis of the following criteria: The candidate's accomplishments, activities and European regional representation. For the purpose of selection, the committee may ask 1-3 individuals from outside the committee who are more familiar with the region and/or specific area of the applicant for written statements about the eligibility of the nominee.
Nominations should be sent to the ESTSS Secretariat (email@example.com) with the name of the award in the subject line.
The award winners are expected to be present at the ESTSS biannual conference to receive their awards. This will make the ESTSS conferences a valuable opportunity to publicly acknowledge outstanding individual contributions to the trauma field in Europe.
15 February 2023 – Nominations open
15 March 2023 – Nominations close
23 March 2023 – Winners announced
15 June 2023 – Awards ceremony at Belfast 2023 conference
We are looking forward to meeting you in Belfast.
ESTSS board of directors
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.